Text to Donate terms and conditions
1. The Kids’ Cancer Project Premium SMS Text Giving (The Kids’ Cancer Project Text Giving) is open to users who are connected to the Telstra and Vodafone mobile digital networks and participating service provider customers with SMS compatible mobile digital phones in Australia and a service enabled for Premium SMS. The Kids’ Cancer Project Text Giving is currently not available for donation by SMS to people connected to the Optus mobile digital network service.
2. Donations are made via Premium SMS, or its equivalent, (Premium SMS) and may not be available from all services.
Note: Premium SMS is the short messaging service provided by a communications carrier that allows for a special message program and additional charge for the use of the program.
3. To participate in The Kids’ Cancer Project Text Giving, text the promoted keyword from your mobile handset.
4. Persons under 18 years of age must have bill payer’s, parent or guardian prior permission to donate.
5. Your service provider will charge you for any Premium SMS text message you send. The charge your service provider will charge you for a Premium SMS text message you send to participate in the Service is $5.00. This is a once off charge per SMS. This is not an ongoing charge.
6. The Kids’ Cancer Project may keep you updated by phone and will always give you the chance to opt-out of communications. However, if you would rather not receive such information, please phone our Helpline 1800 651 158.
7. You must ensure that all care is taken when sending messages by the Premium SMS services. It is your responsibility to ensure that you SMS the correct number and provide the correct information to donate. The Kids’ Cancer Project will not be liable for costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
8. If for any reason the Premium SMS service is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of The Kids’ Cancer Project which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Premium SMS service, then The Kids’ Cancer Project may suspend or end the service.
9. All Premium SMS entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the service database by the service provider and NOT at the time of transmission by the donor.
10. The Kids’ Cancer Project is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of responses occurring in relation to the conduct of the Premium SMS service of the service provider. Additionally, The Kids’ Cancer Project accepts no responsibility for any Premium SMS text message not received by The Kids’ Cancer Project or delays in the delivery of the Premium SMS text message due to technical disruptions or for any other reason including, without limitation, any failure or delay by a carriage service provider in delivery of any Premium SMS text message sent by you in relation to the Service.
11. You must not send any defamatory, obscene, offensive or otherwise illegal text message to The Kids’ Cancer Project Text Giving.
12. The service and charge arrangements for the Premium SMS services are subject to your agreement with your service provider, charges will usually appear on your service provider bill, or deducted from your pre-paid balance. All queries relating to service provider bills should be directed to your service provider (Telstra or Vodafone).
14. For further enquiries, complaints, or to Unsubscribe from marketing, please contact The Kids’ Cancer Project Customer Service on 1800 651 158.